I agonised, but in the end my memories and my curiousity got the best of me. God help me, I just purchased a presales ticket for one of the Michael Jackson shows at the O2 this summer.
- He really was the King of Pop in the ’80s: he was a brilliant songwriter and performer
- I’ve never seen him perform before
- These could easily be his last live shows
- One way or another, these shows will be memorable
- I’ll check reviews of the first shows; if they’re a disaster, I’ll almost certainly be able to sell my ticket
- There’s a high probability that these shows will dissolve into some extremely bizarre spectacle
- He is an absolute freakshow
The pros won, obviously. Now only time will tell.